We love easy art ideas for kids here on Babble Dabble Do and have amassed quite a few fun, colorful, and simple art project posts since we started 2 years ago. The only problem is…how do you find them? With 150+ posts and counting I realize that a lot of fabulous projects are lost in the archives, nearly impossible to find! So I’ve rounded up a few up for you today. All of the projects here are EASY, COLORFUL, and INEXPENSIVE. They use some of our go-to art supplies that a lot of you probably have on hand. If you don’t, check out our art supply list and be sure to add them to your repertoire!
Oh and don’t miss the awesome CHOOSE YOUR OWN ART ADVENTURE chart at the end of this post. It will help you decide which project is RIGHT FOR YOU!
This post contains affiliate links.
12 Easy Art Ideas for Kids
1.Blow Painting This is such a fun process and makes dramatically funny paintings!
2. Magnetic Sculptures Have fun making magnetic sculptures using magnets, nut, and bolts!
3. Mosaic Magnets Download and print our free template, stick it to a magnetic sheet, cut and you have your very own DIY magnetic mosaic set.
4. Clay Block Structures Use clay as the “mortar” to make wood block and clay sculptures.
5. Clay Decorated Birdhouses Use $1 wood birdhouses as a base for decorating with colorful clay.
6. Clay Resist Another novel use of clay, use it to make resist art.
Our 4 Favorite Art Materials
7. Tin Art Recycle pie tins and make some Mexican inspired Embossed Tin Art.
8. Wire Sculpture Super simple and colorful wire and bead sculptures for kids to make. Fun project to explore line and space.
9. Styrofoam Patterns Easy art activity that uses nothing more than recycled Styrofoam trays, watercolors and eye droppers! Discover the patterns in everyday objects.
10. Watercolors & Oil Throw a little science in the mix with this fun art project that illustrates how oil and water DON’T mix.
11. Cosmic Suncatchers One of the most popular posts here on Babble Dabble Do. Make these color exploding suncatchers with glue and food coloring!
12. Oil Pastel Resist This is a classic technique where pictures “magically” appear!
Choose Your Art Adventure Chart
Still not sure which project to choose? Try finding one using this handy, dandy Choosing Your Own Art Adventure Chart. Yes, I’m a chart geek……. To geek out even more, you will want to download/click over to our PDF chart and have your kids pick their next art adventure!
That’s it! I hope you’ll visit a few of these, they are some of the most popular all-time posts here on Babble Dabble Do. Now go make some art!