I love a good makeover, especially when it involves a TP roll!!! We turned the humble cardboard tube into a mini DIY game this week inspired by the classic game Kerplunk. Try not to spill the beads…..
Please note: This post was originally created for PBS Parents Crafts for Kids and the instructions are no longer available on their website. I’m including directions here now
Ball Drop Game
- Cardboard Tube
- Hole Punch
- Wood Beads
- Duct Tape (optional)
- Trim tube to make it shorter. This will make it easier for the hole punch to reach the center.
- Cut through center (optional) Only do this step if you are adding duct tape to the inside face.
- Add tape to inside face (optional)
- Roll back into tube & cover with tape (optional) You may also simply color your turn with markers in lieu of covering with duct tape.
- Cut two triangles in bottom
- Punch holes throughout tube
- Trim straws
How To Play:
- Place straws through holes. Place beads on top.
- Carefully remove straws trying not to let the beads fall.
- Collect any beads that fall to the table when straw is removed.
- The player with the fewest beads at then end is the winner!
Fill your child’s life with more art, design, science, and engineering!
Subscribe to our free newsletter and check out our FB page where I share tons more creative ideas and resources from around the web.