Today I am very excited to share these Halloween pop-up cards to celebrate my favorite creepy holiday! This is a very simple handmade card kids can make and give to family and friends.
So I am just a bit obsessed with handmade cards and I am especially obsessed with pop-ups. I was actually fooling around making a few op-art pop-ups (say that 5 times fast) recently when I decided to make a Halloween themed one…and then two…and then, well, I couldn’t stop!
This post contains affiliate links.
- Cardstock You will need at least 2 colors. This Halloween themed pack would be great to use!
- Glue stick
- Xacto (Adults only)
- Cutting Mat (optional)
Halloween Pop-Up Card Instructions
Time needed: 10 minutes.
Learn how to make simple Halloween pop-up cards.
- Cut out card template
Cut out individual cards along thick solid lines.
- Fold in half
Fold card along dashed line so that design is facing out.
- Cut out shapes
Cut out shapes along bold solid line. Do not cut light dotted lines. ADULTS ONLY: Use an Xacto to cut out the eyes.
- Fold dotted lines
Gently fold shape edges along dotted lines. Set aside.
- Cut back of card
Cut out card back pages and fold in half. If you are using a dark colored sheet of paper that the template is not visible on, simply cut your piece of card stock in half, and then fold in half.
- Assemble card
To assemble the card, glue the backside of the pop up card to the folded card back.
- Make it pop
To make the shape “pop,” fold the page IN along dashed lines and OUT along dotted lines.
- For younger kids I suggest eliminating cutting out the eyes so they don’t need to use an Xacto. Instead they can color in the eyes with marker.
- Loosen up the pop-up gently before you glue it to the card back.
- Decorate these! Print the templates on white card stock and add color as desired.
- Make a Halloween book! Glue the card interiors together to form an accordion book.
If you enjoyed making these Halloween pop-up cards, try making a simple pop-up book! Go here for the directions.
Are you passionate about raising creative kids?
Join thousands of parents and educators who want connect with kids and nurture their creative process through magical, easy projects you can do TOGETHER.
Subscribe to our email list to receive project ideas as well as offers for some our creative products.