If you need a showstopper of a gift for your slime loving child, consider putting together this massive DIY Slime Kit that will keep them busy for weeks!
Having hosted quite a few slime workshops, parties, and events people often ask me what to include in a DIY slime kit for their kids.
Today I am answering the call for what to put in the ultimate DIY Slime Kit for Slime Super fans! This list includes my favorite supplies with recommendations on where to purchase them, a printable shopping list to take with you out and about, as well as a printable recipe cards of four of our go-to slimes!
This post contains affiliate links.
How to use this list:
All items are hyperlinked to Amazon. I’ve also compiled the items here on Amazon in one place. Please note this does not include Amazon pantry items. You may also access the shopping list on Amazon by clicking the pink button below.
How to Make a Massive DIY Slime Kit
These items are best purchased online.
- 1 Gallon White Glue Glue is usually half the price online as it is in stores. HALF THE PRICE!
- 1 Gallon Clear Glue
- Sta-Flo Liquid Starch Can also be found in some grocery stores
- Spoons I recommend metal spoons because plastic ones sometimes break in slime.
- 4 oz portion Cups I love portion cups because it’s easy for kids to measure out the right amount of glue. Wash and save them for reuse.
- 2 oz. Portion Cups Use these for the liquid starch!
- Measuring spoons
- Soft Clay These colors make the prettiest butter slime!
- Liquid Watercolors (optional in lieu of food coloring)
- Foam Balls
- Glow Paint
- Clay FruitsThese look amazing in clear slimes!
- Deli Containers These are my favorite way to store slime once it’s made. They seal tight and they can be stacked.
- Slime 101 Book A nice primer on slime recipes!
- Storage Container Store all your supplies in a large bin! Consider getting a second one to store all the kiddo’s slime. Psst….these can also be purchased at Staples.
Grocery Store Items
(or Amazon Pantry)
- Saline Solution Buy an inexpensive brand but make sure it contains boric acid.
- Baking Soda
- Food Coloring
Dollar Store Items
(or Amazon Pantry)
- Mixing Bowl I have found these at the Dollar Store. They are great because the have a handle and rubber ring at the base to prevent the bowl form sliding around.
- Shaving Cream Stock up on shaving ream at the Dollar Store!
- Table Covers Great to have on hand to quickly cover a table.
If you want a printable list you can take with you as you shop, click the image or button below to get the PDF. The PDF also includes recipe cards for our favorite slime recipe. Print the cards, cut and laminate, and include them in the kit!
Okay if you want to be a superstar parent this holiday season this gift will do it! I promise!!!
This GIANT DIY slime basket will keep your kids busy for a very long time….as in 64 batches of slime…yes 64. And in case you’re wondering what our fave recipe for slime is here it is:
Are you passionate about raising creative kids?
Join over 22,179 parents and educators who want connect with kids and nurture their creative process through magical, easy projects you can do TOGETHER.
Subscribe to our email list to receive project ideas as well as offers for some our creative products.