Creating beautiful marbled paper using shaving cream is a classic art project for a reason! It’s a fun sensory activity for kids and it produces lovely sheets of marbled paper!
Shaving Cream Marbling
- Baking pan or tray with sides
- Shaving cream
- Craft Sticks
- Food coloring
- Old credit cards
- Spray a layer of shaving cream on the bottom of a tray.
- Add drops of food coloring on top.
- Use a craft stick to gently swirl the food coloring into the shaving cream.
- Press a blank piece of paper into the shaving cream. Remove to a work surface.
- With the edge of a credit card, scrape the shaving cream off the paper. Let dry.
- You can repeat this with more paper and keep adding in food coloring as needed.
Pam Knight says
Can you use the watercolor paints you recommend for this project or only food color? Pam
Ana Dziengel says
You may absolutely use liquid watercolors in lieu of food coloring 🙂
I loved that Idea very unique and colorful!